Sunday 30 March 2014

Finishing Touches

I have been spending the last few weeks trying to finish off the extraordinarily large amount of half done projects that have been sitting around gathering dust. Starting with the yellow cardigan I knitted tried on and decided the cardigan needed long sleeves.

So long sleeves were slowly knitted and put in and finally I am the proud owner of a hand made cardi which I wore to the supermarket the next day.



When I was a little girl my Nana would knit herself cardigans and jumpers and wear them all the time. Her creations were beautiful and so well made and I freely admit much better than anything I could make. My mum would often knit herself and us kids beautiful sweaters and cardigans. It feels so nice to continue with their traditions.







With that finished I have turned my attention back to the Spindleberry Shawl . I have constantly second guessed myself on whether to frog it and begin again with different yarn. I have been using Chiquita (picked up on sale from spotlight). The yarn is beautiful in the ball but so frustrating to knit with. The cute little sequins felt harsh on my hands and I worried that it might feel scratchy on my neck. But when I tried it on half finished, it looks so cute that I decided to push on with it.





So push on I will.  I got the pattern for free (free during the month of February) and the yarn was only $1.50 per ball, needing about 5 to finish.  If it doesn't scratch, what a bargain!  I will hopefully finish it this week and will start again on the next unfinished item.


Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment