Sunday 6 April 2014

A costume

My beautiful daughter decided to audition for her school play.  The part was for a scientist so we started to research for costumes. The overwhelming consensus was to use a pajama top pattern and alter it to more resemble a lab jacket.  Luckily for me all patterns at spotlight were on sale.  We chose a heavy white drill and made up in no time.


It was the first time I had used the automatic buttonholer and I loved it!  All I want to do now is add button holes to everything because its so easy and fun. We added safety goggles to complete the scientific look and she went for it!  I am one proud mama.  

So with that done, I went back to the spindle berry shawl and finished the knitting while watching season three of Sherlock.  Love that show.  All that's left is to block it without ruining the little sequins.  The school holidays have begun so I'm not confident of getting much done for the next fortnight except for feeding the hungry hordes, cleaning and laundry. So much laundry.

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment